To apply skills and experience to software projects that will have a meaningful impact on the world. To grow personally and learn from experienced professionals to build quality software for global use.
Virginia Tech | University Relations
Front End Developer May / 2017 - Present
Manage client side code of top level Virginia Tech websites.
- Locate and fix bugs in the client side code, as reported by users.
- Implement new, bulletproof, cross-browser tested, responsive design themes for Adobe Experience Manager.
- Create bulletproof, cross-client tested HTML email templates.
- Create digital infographics for philanthropic data collected by the Advancement division.
- Plan and execute agile sprints.
- Manage code using Git version control.
Application Development Intern June / 2016 - May / 2017
Create custom dashboards for client data
- Pull and display data from a MS SQLServer database using the Laravel PHP framework.
- Create and develop standards and processes for a small development team.
- Design and implement GUI components in addition to and based on client specifications.
Student Web Master May / 2016 - May / 2017
Update site content in the Content Management System for the Department of Information Technology.
- Create, update, and delete webpages using Adobe Experience Manager.
- Develop new projects and tools for the Department of Information Technology.
Peer Instructor September / 2015 - May / 2016
Assist the instructor during the lab periods for introductory and intermediate level computer science classes.
- Helped students grasp object-oriented programming techniques, concepts, and mechanics using Java.
- Assisted students as they solve homework assignments on their own.
- Studied with students as they prepare for tests.
- Provided feedback on the course to the instructor.
Digital Production Engineer October / 2012 - March / 2013 | October / 2013 - January / 2015
Worked in a team to develop the framework upon which Simulator and Emulator content is produced, as well as develop the content for the products.
- Used Grunt.js to minify, concatenate, and otherwise optimize site files for production.
- Worked within agile project management methodology.
- Versioned files using Git.
Associate Creative Developer November / 2010 - February / 2012
Implemented interfaces based on design comps from Interactive Designers.
- Implemented front-end UI functionality.
- Experience building interfaces for small static page sites, CMS driven sites, and web applications.
- Used free-time to research and learn new techniques.
Intern Content Developer March / 2010 - November / 2010
Developed digital content for smart phone simulators and emulators.
- Used Adobe Flash and XML inside a pre-existing Actionscript framework.
- Used Android SDK to capture screenshots from the Android OS directly.
- Optimized and edited images for the web using Photoshop.
- Took product photography regularly, and retouched those photos for production quality.
- Used Adobe Flash to simulate loading animations and recreate UI functionality.
Hall and Partners
Designer August / 2009 - November / 2009
Designer for both printed material and web content.
- Updated and maintained layouts for existing printed material, including direct mail, advertisements, logos.
- Worked out logistics with printers, and prepared print packages via Adobe InDesign.
- Met with clients directly to discuss design specifications.
- Used Adobe Flash to build animations for client websites.
- RESPONSIVE DESIGN
- BACKBONE JS
- JAVA FX
- XML OPTIMIZATION
- SHELL SCRIPT EXECUTION
- WATCH SCRIPTS
- LOCAL SERVER
- CSS PREPROCESSOR COMPILING
- BIT BUCKET
- MAC OS
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Studio Concentration, Graphic Design, GPA: 3.4 May / 2009
Bachelor of Science, Information Science and Systems, Web Development, GPA: 3.9 May / 2017
Artis College of Science and Technology, Dean's Scholar: Information Science and Systems April / 2017
Northbound Thru-hiker March - September / 2013
Recipient of the KMA Architects Purchase Prize
21st Annual High School Art Exhibition, Hollins University May / 2005